Thursday 20 November 2014

Working on My Partner's Design

I found this image and I thought it looked very similar to the hair style that my partner wants me to do. It looks like the hair has either been pinned around the head or maybe plaits have been created at the front of the hair and been pulled back. My partner it not completely sure of how she wants her design to look like, so I may suggest that she should look into doing some sort of plait around the head to secure the flat, top hair down. 

I then found out how this look was actually achieved and it was not how I thought. The hair has been separate into two ponytails, just behind her ears, and then the ponytails have been curled and back combed to create the big, frizzy effect. Even though this look was not created in the same way, I think it is still very similar to my partner's design. 

http://www.celebrityhairtrend.com/wp-content/
uploads/2013/10/shutterstock_29326465.jpg
I experimented with the hair design on my model head so that I could practice the frizzing technique and work out how to get a sharp line around the head.

To create this look I first gelled the hair down very flat against the head on the top half. I then secured this hair down around the head, level with the tops of the ears, with hair grips. I then used the frizzing technique on all the lower part of the hair. I found this technique very time consuming! I also found it difficult to get the frizzing technique right up to the pins, so I will have to practice that.

Back view after the pins have been taken out,
but before the hair has been brushed out.

Side view after the pins have been taken out,
but before the hair has been brushed out.

Front view after the hair has been brushed out.

Side view after the hair has been brushed out.

Back view after the hair has been brushed out.
I am really happy with how the frizzing turned out because there is a lot of volume and it is very frizzing. This frizzing technique did take a very long time and so I would definitely need some time to prep before the assessment because I would not be able to complete this look in 1hr 30. I will need to use hair gel on the top part of the hair to make sure that it is very flat to the head and very sleek. My partner has not yet told me what she wants to happen with the hair after this stage yet, but I am confident with the hair design so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment