Monday 17 November 2014

Trying Out My Partner's Design

My partner showed me a sketch of her hair design and she said she wanted a 1920's flapper kind of feel to her look. She talked through what she wanted me to do, but wasn't completely sure of what she wanted her outcome to be or how she wanted it to be achieved. She wanted the hair to be very flat and smooth on the top half and then for it to frizz out around the ears. She knew that she wanted to use the frizzing technique to get it looking really big and she said she wanted to use gel or hairspray to make the top half very flat.

We weren't exactly sure how to achieve this look, so we experimented. We first started frizzing the hair from the bottom and worked our way up, but then we realised we wouldn't know exactly when to stop and we wouldn't get a very sharp line. We then thought we should map out with hair grips where we wanted the flat part to end and the frizzing to start.


We first decided to put the hair grips in the hair like this (above) to get the straight line, however we then realised that we wouldn't be able to frizz right up to the grips because the grips facing downwards would be in the way.


This is the frizzing technique she wanted me to use on her hair because it gives a very full and voluminous looking frizz, which is exactly what she wanted. 


We then decided to cross the grips over so that we could get closer to the grips when frizzing and I think it could work, but I think it would be really difficult to get a completely straight line as the grips are already wonky. I think it could work if we used the big hair clips all round the head and make them as straight as possible and then start frizzing underneath that.


We only had time to do one half of the head in our lesson and I am really happy with how it looks. We didn't use gel or hairspray in this lesson, we just used water; this is why the hair does not lie as flat or as neat as we would have wanted. I am really happy with how the frizz has come out and I am happy with how straight the middle parting was. I just want to work on getting that line completely straight and level.

No comments:

Post a Comment