Sunday 16 November 2014

Adding Colour to Make Design More Contemporary

I wanted to make my final design look more contemporary. I originally wanted to add ribbon to the look, however I thought this would look too Elizabethan and so I wanted to do something different to add the colour into the hair. I came across these images of a hairstyle used in one of Chanel's catwalk shows and I loved how strips of hair had been coloured to give it an edgier look and to link the colours in with the outfit.

Chanel Catwalk look. 
I was inspired by this hair design to add colour to my own design. I could do this by dying the hair or by spraying the hair with a colour. I think the spray would work the best as it would be easier to take out of the hair afterwards and I also think it would be easier to put into the hair because my  hair is so dark, it would be difficult to get a bright colour. I found this video on youtube that showed me how I would be able to spray one section and not get anything on any other sections.


I really like the idea of colouring the hair with hairspray to make my design look more contemporary! I wasn't sure which parts of the hair to make coloured, but I think that making the flat french plaits coloured would work the best because then the plaits that are wrapped round the bun would also be coloured. I was inspired by the YouTube video I found to experiment with using two colours and making one colour fade into the other to create an ombre effect. I could colour the plaits one of two ways; I could section off parts of hair and spray them separately before doing the design, like shown in the video, or I could do the hair style first and then add the colour in afterwards, just along the french plaits and regular plaits.

I instantly thought of the colour red when I thought of what colours to use because in the Elizabethan era it represented royalty and nobility. I also really like how red looks with dark brown hair. I was inspired to do an ombre look with the hair so I thought that a fiery look, with red, orange and yellow would be fun and very contemporary. I found this image below and I love how vibrant the colours are and how well they are blended into each other. I have just ordered some red, orange and yellow coloured hairspray and I can't wait to experiment with them!

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/b0/94/
68/b0946804d5a7f80f5eac44aea5bdf091.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment