Tuesday 25 November 2014

Step by Step of my Partner's Design

Equipment:
- Hair grips
- Hair pins
- Hair clips
- Clear hair gel
- Pearls
- Hair piece
- Paddle brush
- Pin tail comb
- Crimper
- Straighteners

Step by step:
1. I first sprayed the top of her hair with hair spray and used the pin tail comb to smooth it down against her head. I smoothed the front bit behind her ears. I took a section of hair just above the ear to use as a plait to go over the hair. The size is as shown in the images below. I clipped back the hair just behind this so that I knew what it would look like.


2. I used hair grips all round the head to secure the flat hair down onto the head. I went round the head in sections, hair spraying the hair and then combing it down flat, so that I could really concentrate on each section. I did the two front sections first so that I could make sure that they were level.


3. I then took a section just underneath the hair grips so that I could use the frizzing technique on that section. I pinned these sections up onto the head with hair clips. I then wanted to crimp the rest of the hair so I did this in sections, clipping the hair up and working my way upwards. The image on the right showing how much of the hair I crimped and how much I clipped up to frizz.


4. Starting from the front, I took small sections and began doing the frizzing technique on all of the top section. I tried to get the frizzing as close to the grips as possible. I continued this technique all round the head.

5. I used some hair straighteners to press down on every frizzed section, making sure not to miss any out! After letting them all cool down, I took all the hair grips and pins out. I then brushed out all the crimped and frizzed hair and back combed it slightly to give the hair lots of volume.


6. I then took out all the hair grips and used hair spray to smooth down the top section with the pin tail comb and my hands. I next plaited each side section and pulled them both to the back. I twisted them round each other and secured them with a hair grip, facing down.


7. I added a hair piece in the middle of the plaits at the back to hide the joining of the plaits.


8. I back combed the hair even more, including the underneath layers, so that the hair had more volume. 







9. I dotted some pearls around the lower section of the hair, in a random pattern. I dunked the pearls in hair gel and then placed them in the hair to make them stick. Below is the final look!




I am really excited by how this look came out! To improve it, I would try and back comb the hair even more and use hair spray to help the back combing stay in the hair. I would also try and make the top half of the hair even smoother and flatter to the head so that there is more contrast between the top and bottom half. I would also try and get the frizzing to go closer to the plaits so that there isn't a gap of flat hair. I really like the hair piece that my partner chose because it makes the look a lot more glamorous and expensive looking. I also really like the pearls because they add something different to the look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment