Friday 21 November 2014

My Partner's 2nd Attempt at my Hair Design

My partner, Charlotte, found it difficult to do the hair design in the time we had in lesson. In a 2 hour lesson, Charlotte had crimped the top half of my hair, put it into sections and done one french plait down the centre of my head. This concerned me because she is going to need a lot more practice to be able to finish this in the 1hr 30 that we have in the assessment. She will be able to crimp my hair before the assessment as part of the prep, which will save a lot of time. 

1. She first sectioned off the bottom section of hair that I don't want crimped and then crimped the whole rest of the hair on top.

2. She then sectioned my hair into 5 sections and separated them with hair elastics.


3. Next she did a french plait down the middle section and secured it with a hair elastic. The hair in that ponytail was then split into two equal sections and plaited.


At this point we only had about 20 minutes left in lesson, so I asked one of my friends to do one side and then Charlotte could do the other. I did this so that I could hopefully see what my hair design would look like on me. Charlotte did not manage to complete her half, but my friend did and I really like how it came out. In the assessment I will use bigger pieces of padding to fill out more of the hair. I also noticed that the side french plait was not really visible; I will therefore ask my partner to make the side french plaits bigger. I think the padding should sit a little higher on my head as it looks a bit 'saggy' in this image. I also noticed that the plait underneath the padding was unnecessarily bit, so I will make sure that I tell my partner to not make this as big, leaving more room for bigger french plaits at the side of the head. 

Front view.

Side/back view.

Back view.

No comments:

Post a Comment