Sunday 16 November 2014

My Partner's First Attempt at My Design

This was the first time I got to speak with my partner about my design and explain what I wanted the design to look like. I showed her my design sketches and we talked through how we were going to achieve it step by step. I first explained the sectioning to her so she first practiced sectioning off each part of my hair and securing them with hair elastics. I was very happy with the size of the sections. 




Then, because we were running out of time, she decided to crimp each section where the flat french plaits were going to be so that she could do all the french plaits before the end of the session. I think that the french plaits at the side looked too small, so I may ask her to make them bigger next time. She said that she struggled to get the french plaits to look the way she wanted so she said she would practice this technique to improve. 



As you can see, we ran out of time to complete the look, in fact we had hardly started the look before the lesson was over. This was partly due to the fact that we were shown a presentation at the beginning of the lesson and we took out time to really talk through the look. We showed our teacher, Helen, my design and showed her how far through we had gotten and she recommended that I simplified the look slightly because she thought I had given my partner too much to do in the time limit we were given. I therefore had to think of a way to simplify the look, but still keeping it looking detailed because the plaited detail was what I really liked about my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment