Saturday 22 November 2014

Comparing My Final Design with the Hair in Elizabeth: The Golden Age

I have found some stills of the beautiful hairstyles in the film, Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and I can see instantly how my hair design can be related back to the traditional Elizabethan hairstyles. Here, I will be making direct comparisons of two hairstyles in the film, with my own design.

My Hair Design, back view.
My Hair Design, front view.
 In the image below, of Cate Blanchett playing Elizabeth I, her hair has been split down the centre and padding has been used to create big shapes on both sides. My design is similar to this because there is a french plait to create the centre parting and then I used padding on either side to create smaller structures on either side. In Cate Blanchett's look, the whole hair has been brought up into the padding design, where I have only taken up about half of it and then the bottom half has been put into a bun. My padding is more horizontal that her, which has sharper angles and is more upright.

http://thephoenix.com/OutsideTheFrame/content/binary/elizabeth-the-golden-age-0.jpg
I then found these images of Bess Throckmorton, played by Abbie Cornish. Her hair has been separated into a top and bottom section and the bottom section has been put into a twisted bun and then plaits have been wrapped around the bun. This is very similar to my hair design, apart from less of my model's hair has been put into the bun, the plaits round the bun are separate to the from section and obviously the front of the hair styles are different. I had not seen this hair design before I had planned out my look, but as you can see some aspects of the hair designs are very similar.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_MByIN7JNdvA/TURmsqUzhQI/AAAAAAAA
DTg/wkun3S7eKGo/s400/Elizabeth_The_Golden_Age1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment