Thursday 27 November 2014

My Partner's Third Attempt at My Design

My partner knew that timing was the issue, but we took our time with this practice so that I could really explain to her what I wanted and how I wanted it done. I took a photo of some of the stages she did to achieve the look.

These were the sections that Charlotte made for the
padding and french plaits. 

Charlotte was very happy with how her layered
french plaits looked. 

This shows when I had the padding on just one
side of my hair. 

This is a side view of one side of the padding. I am really happy
at how it looks from the side because it looks very smooth and
even. 

This is what the padding looked like when both sides
were completed. They are not even, but my partner was
struggling to get the padding in at all so we'll work on
perfecting her padding skills first and then worry about
getting them even.  

This is when I was showing Charlotte how I wanted
the padding to look like so that she could take a photo
and practice on her model head. 

I was happy with how the bun looked and the clear
elastic will be covered with orange hairspray so it
won't be as visible. 

This is a side, back view of the look. 

The hair design took a very long time to do and we didn't have time to complete it, even though we spent 3 hours on it. My partner found the padding the most challenging. She found that the length of my hair was a problem because she was so used to doing padding on the doll heads, with much shorter hair. She found that she didn't know where to put the excess hair, but I taught her a technique where you wrap the ends round two fingers and then twist it under until you reach the bottom of my padding. She practiced this technique and found it helped so she will continue to use this technique when putting padding in my hair. She was confident with her french plaits, but said she needed to practice the regular plaits because she kept getting random loops in them. She was happy with the bun at the back and liked how it looked with all the plaits wrapped round it. We didn't have time to experiment with the coloured spray in this practice, but we are hoping to in our next practice. I am happy with how the look is coming along and I think that my partner will be able to get my design looking how I want it; however I am concerned that the look will not not be completed in the time limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment