Sunday 16 November 2014

Simplifying My Design

After my partner tested out my hair design in lesson, it became clear that she was not going to complete the full look in the given time limit. The teacher recommended that I simplified my design so that it took less time to achieve. I had a think about this and I think there are two ways I could do this and still be happy with my design.

Idea 1

I could keep the french plaits going over the padding and keep the nun at the back of the head the same, but I would not have the flat french plaits. Instead, I was thinking of gelling the hair back to make it look very sleek and neat. I tested this look out on my model head to see if I liked the outcome.

Back view.
Side view. 
Front view.
I like the outcome, but I think it looks too simply for my liking. I think the smoothed back hair is effective in keeping the levels looking clean, but I think there's too much hair that isn't really doing anything. I like how I crossed the hair over at the back because I think it looks neat and slightly bridal, but I prefer the detail and texture of the plaits.

Idea 2

For my second idea, I thought that I would keep the flat french plaits and bun the same, but I wouldn't do french plaits over the padding because it would save a lot of time, but I think with all the plaits still in the look, it wouldn't look as simply as 'idea 1'.

Front view. 
Side view.
Back view.
This is my favourite look out of the two because I think it looks the more polished. I like the idea of the french plaits going over the padding but I think that it is very difficult to make them look neat and even, so it may just end up looking messy. I really like the contrast between the smooth padding and the detailed plaits. I positioned the bun higher in the look and I think I prefer the look given because the hair tie at the end of the middle french plait is hidden and there is less scalp showing, which I think made the look messy. I also decided that the side plaits should go towards the bottom of the bun, because I think it creates almost a heart shape, joining the two paddings with the bun. I am really happy with this look and I am excited to show my partner the new changes and to experiment with the coloured sprays!

No comments:

Post a Comment