Wednesday 26 November 2014

Final Practice of My Partner's Design

This was the final time I got to practice my partner's hair design and I a really happy with how it went. We talked to the teacher about the hair design and she that we could do some preparation work before the timed assessment started. She told us exactly what we could do for our prep and we worked out that the prep took us 1hr 30. The images below show what I am allowed to do to the hair before the timed assessment. I am going to crimp the bottom section and frizz half of the head, and also flatten the top section of the hair. I will wait until the timed assessment has started to use the straighteners on all the frizzing. 

Left side.

Back view.

Right side.


The Final Look

Back view.

Right side view.

Left side view.

Front view.
This was my final practice before my assessment and I am really happy with how it turned out! I timed that, after the prep work, I would need 1hr to do complete this look which is perfect for the time limit that we have. In the assessment I will make some changes to improve the look, including adding more hairspray to the top section of the hair to make it even flatter and smoother. I also want to add more pearls as I think the bottom section of the hair looks slightly bare. I am really happy with how I backcombed this look; I backcombed it on the top and the bottom to give it that rounded look on the bottom. I to tie the two plaits together with a hair elastic to make it more sturdy, as I found the clip I used in my last practice didn't hold the plaits tight enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment