Sunday 26 October 2014

My Possible Final Looks

When coming up with three possible looks for my final piece, I went through all the images in my blog of the different hairstyle and picked bits out of each one that I liked and tried to piece different bits together. I had a lot of fun creating these looks and can't wait for them to come to life!

Look 1

For my first look I got inspiration from three looks and incorporated different bits of the looks together. I first got the padding inspiration from the Chanel catwalk, shown below. I want there to be a middle parting and for the shape to be tall and heart shaped.

Chanel Catwalk
http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/author/cathy-horyn/page/37/
I also took inspiration from this hair style on Rihanna. I really liked the two french plaits on each side and then going into one big plait at the back. I was thinking of splitting the hair down the middle and then on the front section there would be two french plaits going down either side, framing the face. Then at the back of the head there would be an up-side-down french plait, starting at the bottom of the hair and working up until there is no hair left, the french plait would then go into a regular plait. This regular plait would then be pulled up and through the centre of the heart shaped padding.

Rihanna
http://www.fansshare.com/gallery/photos/
11243229/ws-rihanna-green-blouse/
I will then add pearls down the centre of the regular plait and also on the two french plaits down the side of the face to give it more of an Elizabethan look. Below is my sketch of the hair design for look 1. 
Sketch of Design 1

Look 2

For my second look I was inspired by the Rainbow Portrait of Queen Elizabeth I. I really like how there is a lot of height and body on the top half and then how there are tendrils at the bottom of the hair because I think it gives a more pretty and feminine look. I have therefore decided to recreate this look, with the rounded padding on top and tendrils falling down, but with some modern twists. 

The Rainbow Portrait
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_2eWazr4uBa0/TUtiECjilSI/AAAAAAA
AEAI/zwYQEsgHAjI/s1600/4585185136_0d56b2653b_o.jpg
I was then inspired by this image of Anna Marie Duff in The Virgin Queen. I really like the harsher hair line with the beautiful pin curls and so I decided to add some pin curls at the front of the hair style to add some extra detail.
Anna Marie Duff as Elizabeth I in The Virgin Queen
I was further inspired by this image I found on Pinterest.com. I liked that instead of all the hair being curled and then put back into the bun, there were some regular plaits running through the hair. I really like the extra detail this gives the look. I therefore decided to add some regular plaits in my design and I came up with having the plaits running from the front of the padding, over the padding and then secured at the bottom of the padding.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/33/
a8/d933a84fb3d7d9017c4921a7e79b7caa.jpg
To then make the look even more Elizabethan I thought I would add jewels in every pin curl, running along the front of the head. I will also add pearls and jewels down alternate plaits to give the look some sparkle! My sketch of this hairstyle is shown below. 

Sketch of Design 2
Look 3

I was mostly inspired for this look by the photo below that I found on Pinterest. I had never seen a french plait over padding before so when I found this it really made a lasting impression! For my design I want to keep the shaping of the padding the same as in this image, with the padding starting small at the front and end and with the most volume in the middle. I will also experiment with layering this padded hair with a french plait. 

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/78/2b/a7/
782ba77a09d092170c89aba75777ae73.jpg
I was then inspired by this hair design by hair stylist, Guido Palau. The height of the padding is what originally caught my attention, but then I thought the french plait going down the centre of the hair would go perfectly with my design. I decided to carry on the theme of french plaits and french plait the middle section of hair. I also decided to french plait down both sides of the hair to give the hair style more levels. I do really like the height of the padding of this design, however I don't want mine to be quite as high!

Alexander McQueen 2010 Catwalk show.Hair Stylist - Guido Palau.
http://selahdor.com/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/mcqueen-backstage07.jpg
After deciding on what look I was doing on the top section of hair, I needed to come up with an idea of how to complete the look at the back of the head. I found this image on Pinterest and I really liked how the plaits were being wrapped round the bun and wanted to incorporate something similar into my design. I decided to frizz the hair at the back of the head to give a more textured look and then put this hair into one low bun. I then thought that all the plaits at the end of the flat french plaits could all twist round the bun. I think I will split the middle french plait into two regular plaits to make the look more symmetrical and even.
http://www.dreamweaverbraiding.com/im
ages/Examples/Other/3stFig8Buns.jpg
To make the look more Elizabethan, I decided to weave some ribbon into the three flat french plaits to add some colour and detail into the look. The back of the hair seems quite busy as it is so I think I'll decide whether to add any accessories when I see the look in person because I don't want it to look so busy that it looks messy. My sketch of this design in shown below. 

Sketch of Design 3

No comments:

Post a Comment