Sunday 12 October 2014

Practising Elizabethan Hair Styles

After gaining inspiration from Elizabethan hair styles and also modern versions I had a play in one of my hair and postiche lessons and incorporated a couple of ideas into one look. I used french plaits, a regular plait, a plaited bun and ribbon in this look and here is how I achieved it!

Step 1: Split hair down the middle, section off the top half and do a
french plait on either side.
Step 2: Collect rest of hair in a ponytail, plait and twist into a bun. 
Step 3: Wrap both plaits round the bun in opposite directions. 
Step 4: Add ribbon in a 'laced up' style.
Front view.
 I am really happy with the overall look and surprised myself with how much I enjoyed it, considering I have never done hair before. If I were to do the look again I would make the ribbon come closer to the forehead and maybe make the bow a bit bigger at the back. I would also make sure that the parting was more perfected as its not perfectly straight or central. I also might experiment with adding bits of the same coloured ribbon into the bun to tie the look together.

No comments:

Post a Comment