Thursday 4 December 2014

Charlotte's Hair Design, Final Images and Evaluation

Before starting at Southampton Solent I had never done hair before. I was nervous because it was completely new to me, but I was excited to incorporate my new hair skills with my makeup skills to create complete looks. I learned so many new techniques in my first term and, after lots of practice, I am feeling more and more confident with my hair skills.

Charlotte's Hair Design

When we first started practicing the look, Charlotte was not sure of what she wanted to do. She knew that she wanted to use the frizzing technique on the bottom half of her hair, but she was not sure of how this was going to be achieved. We therefore worked together to come up with her final design and how it was going to be done. She initially wanted to use the frizzing technique on all of the lower part of her hair, but as we started to do this, we noticed that it was very time consuming! We therefore decided that it would be better if I crimped the lowest section and then just used the frizzing technique on the surface layer of hair, as it still gave a very similar result, but took less than half the time. I was happy with how well she listened to how I was getting on and adapted the look if she needed to. She provided me with all the extra equipment I needed and she gave me a step by step guide of how to achieve the look. I am overall very happy with how our partnering for this task went.

I was so happy with how the assessment went! I completed my prep with time to spare and set up my work station neatly to start the assessment. I completed the look in under the time limit, giving me time to try and get it to look as we both wanted. When I took the final images I noticed that one side was very slightly higher than the other which frustrated me. However I am really happy with the volume create by the frizzing and crimping. I love the contrast between the textured frizz and the flat, shiny top half. I am happy with the placement of the pearls because they are supposed to be random and I am happy with the placement of the head piece because it is central and well secured. I am pleased with how flat and smooth the top half of the hair looks, however I think the hairline could have been straighter, as it is looking a little wavy. I really like the overall styling of the shoot because her makeup looks slightly Elizabethan with the fair eyebrows, pale skin and rosy pink lips and cheeks. I wanted her shoulders to be bare so that there were no distractions from the hair design.

My hair station before starting assessment.






No comments:

Post a Comment